Each week, I share goals that I would like to achieve in the week ahead and discuss my progress on last week’s goals by linking up with The Nectar Collective and sharing a Weekly Wishes post. At the beginning of each month, I post goals for the month rather than just for the week.
1. Put together my March Project Life layout. Does anyone use the app Kicksend? I again tried to print from that app, and when I went to CVS this time to pick up my pictures, they had not received the order. I’m going to have to focus on this goal again after we get back from our trip.
2. Make sure I purchase everything that I need for our trip and run any errands for it over the weekend. Other than a last-minute trip to Target for travel-sized toiletries and airplane snacks, the errands are done.
3. Call my grandparents. I called all of them. :) I love them so much!
1. Read three books. With my reading challenge, I’ve got a hefty list of books to get through (yay!), so I’ve got to speed up my reading. I think this is definitely possibly with all of the traveling we are doing this month (lots of great reading time on planes and trains).
2. Actually clean out my closet and get rid of clothes I no longer wear. This was an April goal of mine, and it didn’t happen. It needs to happen while I can still can it spring cleaning!
3. Get back into Instagramming each day. I had so much fun doing this at the beginning of the year, and then I let it slide. I want to get back into the habit of posting at least one Instagram each day. Follow me around on all of my travels this month at emily_abernathy.
4. Follow the She Reads Truth plan daily. I love these devotions because they are short but powerful, and they always have a passage of scripture to go with the devotion. The ladies at She Reads Truth have so much wisdom, and I look forward to reading it each day.
Also, I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Vianney at Memos and Mimosas! This means that I get to answer her fun questions and then pass along ten of my questions for ten other bloggers.
1. What’s the meaning behind your blog name? I really, really stressed over my blog name. After asking around for ideas, I landed on the simple name Everyday Accounts. I’m an accountant, so it’s somewhat of a cheesy play on words, but I mostly chose this name because I think it describes exactly what I wanted my blog to be – a place where I share stories of my everyday life and thoughts.
2. Pick one: sweet or salty? It definitely depends on my mood. I go through phases where I crave chips and popcorn one day, and then the next, I will be dying for candy, cookies, and froyo.
3. If you could pick one person to be stranded on an island with, who would it be and why? I would choose my husband Daniel because we have so much fun together and understand each other so well! Oh, and he is an Eagle Scout so he could probably keep us alive a little longer than most other people.
4. What did you last dream about (that you can remember)? I watched the documentary The American Blogger last night (great film, you should purchase and watch a copy here), and we are traveling to Europe this week. Apparently I was thinking a lot about both of these things yesterday because I actually dreamed last night that I got the incredible opportunity to hang out with several of the bloggers featured in the documentary in Paris. It was a fun dream!
5. Who would you pick to be your celebrity bff? I am unashamed to say Taylor Swift. I would love to go to her beautifully fantastic home in Rhode Island to bake and dance around the kitchen with her while talking about her love of songwriting and storytelling.
6. If you had a reality show, what would it be about? Oh, this is easy. It would definitely be about travel. I would love to travel all over the world and capture my adventures on film for the world to see.
7. What’s one thing that’s on your bucket list? I’ve never actually written out a bucket list, but I am so looking forward to having kids and traveling to as many places as I can in the world.
8. Can you quote an entire movie? If so, which one? I can’t quote an entire movie unfortunately. I’m not much of a re-watcher of movies, and I feel like you definitely have to see one movie over and over again to be able to quote it. BUT one movie that I have seen recently that I want to own so that I can watch anytime I want to remember the good things in life is About Time. If you haven’t seen it, please watch! Grab a box of tissues and get ready for some emotional moments, but I would be surprised if you don’t leave feeling inspired to focus on the important things in life.
9. What is a habit that you can’t seem to break? I bite my nails. :( I know it’s so gross, but the only time in my life I have been able to stop is when I had acrylic nails or shellac which were both too expensive to keep up with.
10. Which Sex and the City character do you associate with? Okay, I’m going to shock many of you here – I’ve never really watched much of Sex and the City. So I can’t really answer this question…. Sorry!
Here are my nominees!
1. Amanda at The Color Coded Life
2. Stephanie at Stephanews
3. Crystal at Dreams, etc.
4. Lauren at siddathornton
5. Sarah-Louise at Not Like the Movies
6. Elizabeth Than at nomElizabeth
7. Sarah at Plucky in Love
8. Kristen at verbs and vignettes
9. Allison at Whatever the Circumstances
10. Jillian at Baby Doodah!
Here are my questions for my nominees:
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world next week, where would it be?
2. Night owl or early bird?
3. Why did you start blogging?
4. What is your idea of a great Friday night?
5. Coffee or tea?
6. What is your favorite TV show?
7. What do you splurge on (if anything)?
8. What is your favorite season and why?
9. Do you have a blogging routine, or do you just write whenever you feel like it?
10. Do you prefer to cook at home or eat out?
Here are the rules for those of you who are nominated:
1. You must link back to the person that nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must choose 10 bloggers to nominate for the award and they must have a small following.
4. You must create 10 questions for your nominees.
5. You must go to their blogs and let them know you nominated them.
6. You can’t nominate the blogger that nominated you.